Thursday, July 8, 2010

Buggy Day


Oooh, I heard my favorite song on the radio on the way home from school-Sexy Back. It's got a good beat and you can dance in your seat. Mom saw me dancing, and she kept singing to me after we got out of the car. She can't sing very well, but I think it's funny so I don't tell her to stop.
This morning as we were leaving for school, a big cricket jumped inside the house. I thought it was so cool, but Mom did not like it at all. She kept kicking it to try to get it out the door, and it kept jumping back in. It was the most fun game ever! Mom finally threw the cricket outside, and we left.

I saw a doodlebug crawling on the sidewalk, so we stopped at watched it. I wanted to kick it like Mom kicked the cricket. I stepped on it, and it got squished into the sidewalk. It wasn't on the bottom of my shoe, but it didn't crawl any more after that. I think bugs are cool, and I like stepping on them.

I wanted Mommy to stay at school with me again, but I did have a good time the rest of the day. I've been drinking out of my cups at school like a big kid. Today I drank a cup of blue Kool-Aid without even spilling it on my shirt. I was really proud of myself. I also let my friend Kade use Monkey and I covered him with my blanket while he was taking a nap. I started patting him, but Daycare Grandma didn't want me to wake him up.

When we got home, I went upstairs to see the kitties. I love them! I know one day they are going to love me and let me play with them a lot. Then I went outside with Daddy and Chris while they were grilling. I wanted to help, but Chris said it was too hot. He doesn't know how how responsible I am. I know what hot is! Anwyay, I played outside and then ate some dinner. Then I had to ride on my horse for awhile. I am having so much fun now that I'm allowed to stay up late!


A note from Mommy:
I can't believe that Brooklyn stepped on a bug! I really think that she expected it to come back to life, but instead it was smashed into the ground. She kept looking at it, and I think she finally realized that it was not going to move any more. I was also surprised when Brooklyn was dancing to Sexy Back. She does know good dance music!

No comments:

Post a Comment