Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Back to our regularly scheduled programming

I was so excited to get to spend yesterday with Mom and Dad. We had 3 whole days together! Mom and I got up early and were going to go to the pool, but she lost the key. I was really sad, but we went to the backyard and blew lots of bubbles and played in a bucket of water. Even though it wasn't the pool, we still had a great time.

Today I had to go back to school. I wore my sunglasses and Mom made up a rap about me.
"I'm cool kid Brooklyn, I'm here to say
I hope you have a nice day.
I wear my sunglasses all the time
And I know how to make a rhyme."
I thought it was funny, but that's because we were in the car by ourselves. I'm a little bit scared that she is going to keep doing that stuff and embarrass me when I get older. Mom told me a story about a time when Grandma Zsa Zsa came to pick her up from tennis at Halloween and was wearing a costume. I thought it was funny, but if Mom ever does that to me, I am going to die!

Daddy picked me up from school and we went upstairs to play with Harley and Zoe (Chris & Jen's cats). I love them, and I love to chase after them. Mommy was trying to make something for dinner, so Jen let me cut up the cat food and take it to them. Zoe was in the window so I petted him when he came to eat. It was so cool. I want a cat. I think I would name him Monkey.

My friend Lauren and her brother Eric came over to see me. We had some guacamole while Daddy was making burgers. I also played soccer with Chris and we filled the water bucket up. I put Monkey in there because he was kind of hot. For dinner, I just wanted to eat truffles, so I had a few bites of food to make Mommy think that I might be full. She gave me the truffle she promised me if I was good and waited. It was soooooo yummy. I want to eat truffles every day and every night.


A note from Mommy:
I started making truffles last night and Brooklyn wanted to eat some then. Today when I was covering them in chocolate, she kept wanting to take them. We had to distract her with the cats, but she pointed to where I had been making them when she was done eating. That is one smart, chocolate loving kid.

1 comment:

  1. I merely went to a middle school tennis match wearing a Groucho Marx nose, mustache and glasses. Everyone EXCEPT your mother thought it was funny. She probably had to see a therapist about it.
    Grandma Zsa Zsa

    ReplyDelete