Sunday, July 18, 2010

Blogging from Pueblo, CO

So, I totally slacked off on my blogging the last few days, but I have been soooooooo busy. Anyway, I am here in Pueblo, CO visiting my sister and Grandma and Grandpa Pepin. So, let's go back to Friday so I can get all of my fabulous fans caught up on the last few days.

Friday started out just like any other day. I tried to stay with Silas in his crate again, but Mommy told me we had to go to school so that we could go on a plane ride later that day. I was taking an awesome nap when Mommy came to pick me up from school. We went home and packed all of our stuff in the car so we could go to the airport. I love going places! We had to wait in a long line for security at the airport, but I checked out some of the other babies that were travelling. I was definitely way cuter than they were. I was wearing my pink dress with cherries on it, and you just can't get much cuter than that.

After we got through security, I took Mommy on a tour of the airport. We ran around and looked at some art stuff from all of these other countries. Mommy said that it was from Austin's sister cities. I don't know what that means. I mean, how can a city have a sister? Does a city have a mommy and daddy? Well, anyway, the stuff was pretty cool. We finally got on the plane and I got to sit with Daddy by the window. We looked at all of the bags being loaded on the plane, and a guy on the ground even waved at me. I tell you, I am just so irresistable! We got to read and color and eat snacks. It was a fun time. I sat with Daddy and then with Mommy and then I looked at all of the people around us. They didn't really play with me though.


When we got to Denver, I got to go on some escalators and then on a train. It was so fun. I wish I could go to the airport everyday. Then we went on some more escalators and walked until we found Grandma Pepin. We had to wait for our stuff for awhile, but that was ok. I hung out with Grandma and checked out all the stuff going on. And then, we got to ride in an elevator. I'm telling you, if I could live at the Denver airport, I totally would. We got to go to dinner at P.F. Chang's and then we drove to Pueblo. I fell asleep a little bit, but that's ok because it was really late. I got to sleep with Mommy and Daddy that night. Don't tell them, but I was so tired that I didn't really know where I was and I was a little bit scared.

On Saturday, I got to see my sister Alex. I love her. She is so cool. We went to lunch and she let me try her ice cream brownie. I was so good! Yummy. Then we went to see her in the play Hello Dolly. Alex had the best part. She was the tapdancing horse. She did such a good job. Alex was also in the chorus and we got to see her come out on stage a lot. She kept smiling at me. I know she could see me! I fell asleep for a little bit in the second part, but that's just because I didn't see Alex very much. I did wake up in the end so I could see her bow for everyone. I am so proud of her. I told Mommy that I want to be in a play too.

We went back to Grandma and Grandpa's house and Alex came over some more. She hung out with me and Mommy and ate some pizza. I went to play with Daddy after awhile because he was on the computer and I had to help him do his homework. If I didn't sit with him and help him type, I just don't know what he would do. I like to be helpful.

Today we went to see Great-Grandma Payne. Daddy's uncles, Shane and Bill were there and also his aunt, Lori. There were some cousins too, and my sister Alex. I got to play Rummy for awhile. I think Mommy gave me all of the bad cards, but Daddy let me put cards on the table. After that, we went to Barnes & Noble. They don't have an escalator at this one, but it had a lot of books that I wanted to read. I really like books. Grandma bought me a cool Dora the Explorer book and drawing thingy. We went back home after that and I took a short nap. Mommy rudely woke me up from my beauty sleep, but I forgave her when I found out we were going to watch Alex sing at a recital. She did a really good job. I wanted to go sit with her, but Mommy wouldn't let me. I pointed at her and waved instead, but I did get to see her for a little bit after the recital.

When we got home, Mommy made me take another nap. I had her fooled though. When she left to go to the store, I woke up because I wanted to play with Uncle Baby the cat. He makes me chase him around. I sure he stayed in one room like Chris and Jen's cats. Then I decided to play in Daddy's suitcase. You might not realize this, but it is really comfy. I played with Daddy's phone and read some of Mommy's magazines while I was lounging in there.

I went outside to help Grandpa make some steaks, but he looked like he had it under control. I decided that I was going to drive his tractor instead. Mommy made me get off of it after awhile and I was so mad. Sometimes she is so mean. I stared out the door looking at the pretty red tractor for a long time and then it was time to eat dinner. I ate some salad and chewed on a little bit of meat, but I decided that it was way too boring. I left the table so I could play with Uncle Baby. He is such a silly cat.

I took a little break and looked at my Dora book with Daddy. Drawing is a lot of fun. And then, it got boring, so I chased Uncle Baby around again. Mommy said that we are leaving tomorrow. I am sure going to be sad. I love Alex and I miss her a lot. I also love Grandma and Grandpa. It's cool that we get to Skype though. Sometimes I even get to Skype with Uncle Baby.




A note from Mommy:
Well, considering Brooklyn has hardly napped the entire time we have been here, it's been a great trip. She watched almost all of Hello, Dolly without disrupting anyone, and then finally fell asleep. I have a feeling that it will take her a few days to recover from this trip, but at least she will sleep well at night. Brooklyn and I are headed back to Austin tomorrow by ourselves, so cross your fingers that everything will go well and that she can sit semi-still for another 2 hour flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment