Monday, November 8, 2010

California Dreamin'

Well, we are back at home which is nice because I get to sleep in my own bed, but I don't feel very good. Sometimes getting sick is the price you have to pay for having a fantastic time. Today was all normal routine, but I started feeling so bad that Daddy took my temperature and Mommy gave me some medicine. I did get to take a hot shower with Mommy to help all of my yucky boogies out of my nose and chest. Enough of that boring stuff-I have to tell all of my fans about my trip to California!!

Thursday started out like a normal day. Mommy woke me up and Daddy got me dressed. But, Daddy didn't go to work like normal and Mommy was running around the house all crazy saying "Did I remember everything?" and "I know what I forgot..." Sometimes she is a weird-o. Daddy told me we were going to ride on plane and see Alex. I was so excited! We went to the airport and I saw a lot of planes in the air. It was so cool. I couldn't wait to get on the plane. We gave our bags to some lady at the counter and then had to put all of our stuff on a belt so it could go through a machine. I even had to take my shoes off. We watched planes come and go until we got to get on the plane. I waved to the people on the ground and watched them put all of the bags on the plane. Then I watched a movie and took a nap until we got to Los Angeles. There were so many planes that we drove by. I couldn't believe it! After we got off the plane, we went to find Alex. I was so excited to see her. I ran across the room so fast and gave her a big hug. I sure love my sister!

After we left the airport, we went to a place called Santa Monica for lunch. I got to eat fruit for lunch and then we ran around the streets. I played by a fountain, chased pigeons, and listened to a guy in the street singing. He even sang Itsy, Bitsy Spider for me. It was really good and I gave him some money because he was so nice. We left to go to our hotel, but there were so many cars! It was taking forever so Alex taught me how to fist pump to music and then I took a nap. The hotel was really cool when we got there and I got to eat some apples and macaroni in bed with Alex since it was so late.

On Friday, I woke up but Mommy and Daddy weren't in the room. Alex got up and hung out with me until the got back. They went to Starbucks and didn't even bring anything back from us. Talk about rude! I did have some cheerios and apples for breakfast, so it was ok. We took a shower and then I got to wear my Belle dress from Halloween. Mommy and Daddy said we were going to Disneyland to go on rides and see princesses. We even got to ride on a bus over there. We went on a carousel and all kinds of rides. I got to meet princesses, and Belle was my favorite. Her dress was almost as pretty as mine! We also went on some scary rides that I didn't like. I went on the Peter Pan ride, and I didn't really like it. We were flying over the city and it was kind of scary. Mommy also made me go on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride and the Haunted Mansion. There were spooky pirates and ghosts and weird things. I didn't like it at all so I put my head under Mommy's arm. The good thing was that some lady gave me a princess pin because she said that I did a real good job on the pirate ride. I really liked the carousel and Dumbo ride best. I was so tired though because I didn't even get to take a nap. I got to watch the Disney parade with Daddy while Alex and Mommy were shopping. I was so tired that I fell asleep on the bus and didn't even get to eat dinner.

I got to go to Starbucks with Mommy and Daddy on Saturday morning and drink chocolate milk. Alex was still sleeping, so I took her purse so it would be like she was going with us. Then we got ready and drove to the zoo in San Diego. We got to see birds and snakes and elephants and monkeys and all sorts of animals. It was pretty cool, but I didn't really want to see all of the animals because there were too many. We drove around San Diego and finally went to a place to eat lunch. Then we got to go to the beach. Mommy made me put my feet in the sand, but I didn't want to. It felt so weird. Then she took me closer to the water and made me put my feet in the wet sand. I didn't want to get my feet dirty, but Mommy didn't understand. She made me get my feet wet in the ocean, and once I did, it wasn't too bad. Alex put her feet in too, so then I knew it was ok. We jumped over some waves and got our feet wet.  The bottom of our pants got wet too. It was pretty silly. I wanted to go more in the water and chase the waves, but I fell right as a wave was coming and got soaking wet. Mommy carried me back to the car and I had to take off all of my clothes because I was so cold and wet. Luckily, I brought a blanket in my car seat bag and that kept me warm all the way back to the hotel.

I didn't sleep very well on Saturday night, so Mommy let me sleep in bed with her and Daddy. They take up too much of the bed, so I kept waking them up. I jumped on the bed and tossed myself around. I was having a good time, but Mommy kept telling me to go to bed. We finally got up and watched cartoons until it was time to get some hot chocolate at Starbucks. It was really early, but we wanted to let everyone else sleep. Daddy was awake when we got back so we watched some Elmo and started packing so we could go home. I was sad to leave, but even sadder when we drove forever. Mommy and Daddy got a little bit lost on the way to where all the hand prints are, so we didn't get to go. We  went to the airport and got to ride another bus. We had some yummy refried beans for lunch before we went to sit by the gate. It was really cool because there were trees with birds living in them. I got to hang out with Alex for a little bit before she had to go to her plane. I wasn't too sad when she left because she said she was going to see me for my birthday in a couple of weeks. I am so excited because I really love her and we have lots of fun together.

We got on the plane and I watched Wizard of Oz and part of a penguin movie. I was mad when Mommy said we had to put it away, but Daddy showed me the lights out the window. I helped Mommy get all of our bags while Daddy got our car. I wanted to help Mommy carry everything, but she said that it was too heavy. I fell asleep on the way home, and was so happy when I got to sleep in my own bed.

If you have a chance to go to Disneyland, you should totally go. The princesses are the best!


A note from Mommy
Well, we definitely had a great time although it was exhausting. We were on the go and didn't get much sleep, naps included. Brooklyn had a lot of first time experiences-3+ hour flight, being in California, going to Disneyland, and being at the beach. Hopefully we will be able to go back in a few years when she is old enough to remember things. At least we have lots of pictures!
















No comments:

Post a Comment