Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tantrum Tuesday


Well, this morning I thought we got off on the right foot, but it turns out that the left one didn't follow. I wanted to wear my white shoes because they totally go with my outfit, but Mom only brought in one. She said she couldn't find the other shoe. Dad looked too, but it was nowhere to be found. This whole fashion thing is not working for me this week. I still wanted to wear the one white shoe and only a sock on the other foot, but someone wouldn't let me. How frustrating. I know they say parents know best, but I really don't think my parents get my unique sense of style. I finally had to settle for another pair of shoes, but I was not happy about it.

I had a pretty good day at school. I was in the middle of a tantrum when Mom came to pick me up. I was mad that we had to come in from playing outside and then Daycare Grandma wouldn't give me my pacifier. I think it's a conspiracy! I've heard Mom mention something about me not having a pacifier anymore, but I figure if I ignore her, it will never happen.

I only had a 45 minute nap today, so I was pretty tired. Mom caught me almost falling asleep in the car on the way home, but I didn't want to let on how tired I was. We ate dinner as a family tonight. I have decided that the only food I want is the food on Daddy's plate. Mom made me some fish sticks and potatoes, but I wanted soft tacos like Mom and Dad had. Mom made me a cheese tortilla, but it didn't come from Daddy's plate so I didn't want to eat it. I'm so lucky that Daddy loves me. He shared his tacos with me and they were really yummy.

I was going to use the Princess Potty tonight, but I thought it was more fun to take it apart. I ended up accidentally going peepee on the floor, so no fun music tonight. Daddy gave me a bath and we relaxed together while Mommy was at a meeting. I sure hope I get a good night sleep tonight so that I can go swimming after school tomorrow!

A note from Mommy:
I swear I have never seen a kid so obsessed with shoes! When we couldn't find the white one, Brooklyn wanted to wear her baby sandals that are too small. We just have to distract her for awhile so we can put on the shoes we think are most appropriate. Donations for Brooklyn Shoe Fund are now being accepted so we can keep her feet in pretty shoes until she is 18!

2 comments:

  1. I think a love of shoes in in your DNA. Your Grandmother Bochner has always liked shoes. I know because I've been her friend since before the IBM Selectric typewriter was invented. Bet you don't know what that is, do you? Ask your Mom. She may never have used one, but she'll know what it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. True. My dad, Brooklyn's great-grandpa, used to complain a lot while trying to cram 25 shoe boxes into the car when I went off to college. But how could I leave any of them at home? You never know when you'll need the black watch plaid flats.

    ReplyDelete