Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year, New Blog

Happy New Year! I would like to thank all of my fans for being so patient as I took a break from blogging. The holidays are such a busy time, and I just got side tracked from keeping everyone updated.



Some of the highlights while I was on break are:


Daddy’s birthday: Mommy and I surprised Daddy with some new shirts. I told Mommy that even though Daddy has a whole closet full of shirts, he really needed some short sleeve ones that he can wear to work. She did a pretty good job picking some out that make him look really cool.


Gymnastics: I got to go to gymnastics 2 more times before we had the holiday break. Right now there are only 2 other kids in my class, so I get to go on all of the stuff a lot of times. We got to go on the trampoline for a long time, and that is my favorite! I am really good on the bars too, and I can almost do a forward roll all by myself. One day was parent day and Daddy got to come in the gym with Mommy and me so he could check out my skills up close. He was so proud of me because I am so good.


Christmas Shopping: There was one day that Mom and Dad dragged me out shopping. I think it would be more fun if they let me run around the store, but they make me stay in the basket. It can be a real bummer. We spent all day shopping at a lot of different places. The best was when we got to go to Toys R Us. I picked out so many toys that I wanted to have. I wasn’t allowed to get everything I wanted, but I did get to pick out a Belle crown and wand that lights up. It was so cool. We went to dinner after all of the shopping. I told Mommy that I needed a new diaper, but she said I didn’t. I decided to take matters into my own hands, so I went under the table and took off my diaper all by myself. When Daddy picked me up, he found out what I did and then I had to put on a new diaper. Mommy should listen to me when I tell her something! The place we ate had all sorts of games, so I got to drive a car and a motorcycle for some game. It was so fun. I think I even won! I definitely want to go back there again.


Christmas Eve: I was so excited that I only had to go to school for 4 days, so I got to spend extra time with Mommy and Daddy! We went to breakfast on Christmas Eve and then went shopping. I was really helpful because I sat in the basket with all of the clothes and kept them warm. I also helped Mommy carry her sweatshirt. I thought it was pretty cool to drag it behind the cart and pull it up like a fishing rod, but Mommy didn’t think so. She got kind of mad at me, but I made it up to her by helping her pick out some really cool shoes. We also went shopping for me. My Great Uncle Larry sent me Christmas money and I got to pick out whatever I wanted. I got some silver sparkly tennis shoes, and two outfits. I don’t know why Mommy had to wrap them up, but I got to open them at Christmas.
At night, we went to a Christmas show at a church. It was pretty cool. They had snow and a giant star and an acrobat lady that climbed all the way up to the ceiling. The music was good too-they had a violin and even guitars and drums! It lasted a little bit too long so I tried to entertain myself. I found out that I could fit under the seats, so I tried to slide underneath to the row in front of me. Mommy and Daddy didn’t like that, so they made me get off the floor. Sometimes they are just no fun! We went out to dinner after that, but I didn’t really want to eat anything. I just played under the table instead. Mommy and Daddy blocked me from getting out because I kept trying to run away.


Christmas: We got up so early on Christmas and drove to see Grandma Zsa Zsa and Grandpa B. Aunt Danielle and Uncle Eric also met us out there. There was a big tree with lots of presents under it and all around it. I love presents! We ate some yummy eggs for breakfast and then I went to find Kitty Diego. I tried to pick him up, but he ran under the bed. I tried to get under there, but Mommy pulled me out. It was ok though because we got to open presents. I got clothes and my sparkly shoes, a matching monkey quilt for me and Monkey, a Barbie vet clinic, a kitchen and shopping cart, a keyboard with a microphone, books, and a trunk of dress up clothes. I also get to go on a train ride with the whole family. Uncle Eric and Aunt Danielle thought it would be really fun, and I love going on train rides!


After Christmas: I got to stay with Grandma Zsa Zsa and Grandpa from Christmas all the way until Tuesday. We read books and danced and went to the Children’s Museum, and we got to play with the kids next door. It was so fun. We drove back to my house on Tuesday. I was so happy to see Mom and Dad and the dogs. My friend Grace and her parents came over to our house to play with our dogs because they were going to take care of them when we went out of town. I made Grace play with me because I wanted to show her all of my new toys. We had a lot of fun, but then she had to go home.
Grandma and Grandpa stayed with me on Wednesday morning while Mommy and Daddy went to work, but we got to meet them for lunch. I had a lot of French fries and a little bit of chicken. When I got up from my nap, I was watching tv with Mommy and I started feeling yucky. I threw up all over Mommy, me, and my blanket. It made me a little scared, but Mommy took good care of me. We took off all of our stinky clothes and took a shower. I felt a little better by the time Daddy got home. Mommy had to go outside, so she left a big bowl for Daddy and me just in case I didn’t feel good again. She was right because I got sick again! Yucky. The good thing was that I got to drink Sprite. It made my tummy feel lots better, but I got sick again in the middle of the night. Daddy said it was ok because I was getting the bug out of my tummy.


Colorado: We had to get up so, so, so early on Thursday. I think it was at 3:30 in the morning! We got dressed and drove to the airport. I got to see a lot of planes in the morning before we left. I also ate breakfast and didn’t get sick again! Mommy said it was probably just something I ate. I slept on the plane because I was so tired, and then I slept in the car most of the way to Pueblo. I think that it helped that I got to have a steamed milk from Starbucks. That place is really awesome.
We went to see Grandma Kathy at work. She works at a hospital and she took me to meet all of the people she works with. They liked me so much that they even let her leave work early to spend time with me! We went to see Grandpa Tim for a little bit. Daddy went out with his friend Sammie, and Mommy and I went to Christine’s house to get our feet painted. I got to watch a lot of movies and play with Katie and Brittany (Christine’s daughter and Sammie’s daughter). They were really fun. Alex even came over to see me. I love her a lot, but I was too busy with my movies to hang out with her. Mommy got some hearts and flowers and designs all over her foot with henna, and then the lady gave me a little heart on my foot. It was really cool, but I was glad to put my sock back on. Daddy came over and we all drove back to Grandma and Grandpa’s house. I played with my new books and activity kits that they got me. It was really fun. I didn’t want to eat any dinner, so I just hung out instead. I went to bed early since we got up when it was still dark outside!
On Friday we spent part of the morning with Grandma and Grandpa and then went to see Daddy’s Grandma Payne and Uncle Bill. Grandma Payne has a lot of cool stuff in her house to look at, and she gave me a gingerbread man cookie and a bear! I was really happy. Then we went to the church for lunch and the wedding rehearsal. Since the minister was late, I got to run all around the church and up and down a ramp. I bumped my head really hard when I fell of the seat, but I felt better really fast and ran around some more. We went to Starbucks for more steamed milk and to meet Daddy’s niece Leann and her husband. They were really nice and brought me princess silly bands. They are so cool because you can wear them on your arm, and when you take them off, they look like princesses. Alex also came to Starbucks and then came back to Grandma and Grandpa’s house so we could hang out. She is a really cool sister. I stayed with Grandma and Grandpa that night while Mommy and Daddy went out to dinner.
On Saturday, we spent almost all day with Grandma and Grandpa. We watched a marching parade and I watched my princess movie. Daddy had to go out with his friend Sammie, but Mommy and I got to go to his house and take pictures of all of the guys getting ready for the wedding. We came back and got dressed in our pretty clothes and went to the wedding. I didn’t really feel like sitting down or being quiet, so Mommy made me leave in the middle. She was kind of mad, but I wanted to play! Then we went to another place and I got to dance and dance and dance. I danced with Mommy, I danced by myself, I danced with another little girl, and I danced with lots of other people who wanted to dance with me. I totally got the party started. It was so much fun that I didn’t want to stop dancing.


Back Home: We had to get up really early again on Sunday to go to the airport. Mommy and Daddy let me stay in my jammies and sleep in the car. We had to wait in the cold for the bus to the airport, so Mommy wrapped me up in my blanket and coat and hat. Then we had to wait outside to check in. Brr!
We finally got on the plane and read some books. I decided I wanted to watch Dorothy (Wizard of Oz) but when we tried to turn on the movie, it didn’t work. I was so mad. Mommy and Daddy said that the battery didn’t work. I threw a big fit. The flight attendant brought me a coloring book, but I didn’t want it. She brought me some candy, but I didn’t want it. Then she made me and Mommy go up to the front. Mommy took me to the bathroom and we pushed the water buttons and wiped off my face. I was still mad, but I ended up taking a nap until we got back home.
I did get to watch Dorothy when we got to our house. Then we went outside and played with Grace and Lauren and Meredith. Lauren and Meredith have a Barbie jeep and we rode up and down the street and in everyone’s yard. It was so fun. I was so mad when I had to get out and wait for my turn again. I definitely want Mommy and Daddy, or Santa, to get me a Barbie jeep. It was pretty cold outside, so I took a warm shower when I got home. I watched a movie and had dinner before I went to bed. It was a long day.



Today: It is so hard coming back from vacation. I was totally not ready to get up this morning. I was kind of grumpy because I had to get back on my schedule. I helped Mommy pick out my clothes and then I watched Word World and part of Sesame Street before we had to go to school. Daycare Grandma and Ms. Rebecca were there, and it was pretty good to see them after being gone for so long! Daddy picked me up from school today and I asked him for my snack. Mommy had packed goldfish instead of my fruit snacks. I was soooo mad. I screamed all the way home, and threw myself in the door onto the floor. Daddy got my snacks and my princess movie, but I was still so mad. I threw my snacks and my movie on the floor. That made Daddy mad. He tried to send me to time out, but I threw myself on the floor and screamed and cried until I decided I was ready to watch my movie. I bet Mommy won't make that mistake again!



A note from Mommy: I was mortified when Brooklyn threw a fit on the plane. We thought we had the DVD player charged, but apparently it only charges in the Charge position, not any other. Lesson learned, although it was a very painful lesson. Overall, Brooklyn did really well with little sleep, and she got to see all of the family within the holiday season which was really nice. She has earned the new title of Dancing Queen from Christine and Sammie’s wedding. That kid can dance, so I guess it’s time to look into some classes for her. Apparently, Brooklyn was a disaster this afternoon. Thankfully John got to handle her :)

Pictures to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment