I don't think I like Mondays. Every Monday when Mommy comes in to wake me up, I am just not ready. I didn't sleep well last night, and then I had a bad dream early this morning, so I still wanted to be asleep when it was really time to get up. I got dressed and then I got to put another ornament on my Advent Christmas tree. Today my present was socks! I don't think you can ever have too many socks...and they were Christmas socks!
I was so excited when I got to school because Daycare Grandma was back. I took off my jacket and went right into the kitchen and gave Grandma a big hug. She picked me up and said that she missed me. Then again, who wouldn't miss me.
Daddy picked me up and we hung out at home. I don't talk to him very much about my feelings, so I wanted to surprise him. I yelled, "Daddy...LOVE YOU!" He was so surprised. Sometimes I think you just have to do that for your parents so that they know that you really do love and appreciate him. Daddy gave me a big kiss and said that he loved me too, which is good enough for me!
When Mommy came home, I made her sit with me while I ate dinner. I was so tired that I was kind of flopping around, but I made it into a game so she wouldn't know. I think she kind of figured it out because she made Daddy give me a bath after dinner so she could cook. I tried to get out of it so I could play with my new purse and pots and shoes, but I think Mommy is too smart for her own good. She sent me to the bathroom.
I took a bath, and Daddy and I had a fun time brushing my teeth and drying my hair. We always play games and make jokes and laugh a lot. I really like spending time with my daddy.
A note from Mommy
Brooklyn took a bath and said she was ready for bed-before 7! I kept trying to get her to hang out for a little bit, but she said she wanted to go upstairs. Hey, who am I to discourage her from going to sleep? She did have a rough night last night and must have had a bad dream because she woke up crying at 5am.


No comments:
Post a Comment